Position: Entrepreneurial Product Owner
Entrepreneurial Product Owner (director/VP) for a Funded Healthcare Start-up
zakipoint Health is seeking to attract a top-class healthcare-experienced Product owner to work on and help build-out our healthcare risk and spend management platform, with strong emphasis on personalizing information for members on plans. Healthcare has lots of problems — lack of transparency in the system is a major source of inefficiency. We believe technology with good data science, augmented with integrated healthcare solutions or service providers can catalyze the change in healthcare. Our mission is to help our customers (employers and employees) see clearly, take action and save money.
You will be directly defining the functionality and requirements, owning the product road map, working with customers to define and deliver and use the value delivered to incorporate into a scalable product. You will be working with CTO, CEO and Account Management team to define the next generation product and working with our US team and Nepal dev team. You will be part of the executive team and interact with our impressive advisory network.
5+ years experience in healthcare industry with payers, providers, benefit consultants, or healthcare IT.
- Experience of defining, prioritizing and launching technology & data science projects.
- Understand the healthcare payer world, and why it is broken.
- Familiar with wireframing, UX/UI and lean start up development process
- Knowledge of data analytics methods, data visualization and web/mobile technologies
- Proven project management skills in technology or data analytics arena.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s and Advanced Degree in a related field Strongly Preferred
- 7 Years Minimum Professional Experience
- At least 3 – 5 Years of Working Knowledge of Healthcare analytics, healthcare benefits, healthcare data, healthcare insurance, and/or exposure to healthcare claims data
- At least 3 – 5 Years of Specific Experience in Account Management
- Executive-level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively navigate and mediate conflict and foster honest dialogue
- A demonstrated history of accomplishment in a Leadership Capacity or Successful Change Management. This could be achieved in a top-tier consulting firm or having implemented change in a payer setting or self-funded employer world
- Successfully commercialized a new product with early proof of revenue
- Prior experience in a start-up environment
- Ability to work with on-shore and off-shore development teams
- Entrepreneurial, innovative, growth oriented mindset, excel in uncertainty, winning and somewhat disruptive.
What you will get
- Work with top class entrepreneurial and advisory team
- Learn about high-impact healthcare issues
- Learn at hyper-speed in an early stage technology company
- Salary plus generous equity in a funded company
About zakipoint Health
Every business should expect transparency and effectiveness from their healthcare spend. Today healthcare is a major cost after salaries for employers. And a major issue for consumers.
zakipoint Health has one goal: to enable every company, regardless of size, to understand and lower their health care costs, easily and affordably.
Self-insured companies pay $610 bn in health care costs for their employees and are at risk for unexpected cost increases. They want insight into what drives these costs, they want to know if programs like high risk coaching, diabetes, high deductible plan, telemedicine service, actually work and they want to target interventions to the right people. The data required to do this is not easily accessible, analysis is complex, and insights are lost in a mass of numbers.
zakipoint Health (ZPH) solves this problem.
- We have streamlined the process to acquire, integrate, and clean the data (Med and Rx data, biometric, program participation, HR)
- We have productized the analysis to the point where employers can easily examine key cost drivers, identify opportunities for improvement, and measure program performance
- And we enable targeting and outreach to members to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of engagement programs
And we integrate all of the above in one place.
Together with an extraordinary team of colleagues and advisors, we are on a road to taking this to many many more customers.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.